BELLA NOTTE by Heather Edwards - Disney Treasure
Bella Notte by Heather Edwards - Disney Treasure on Canvas
Lady and Tramp, as re-imagined by artist Heather Edwards, share a romantic evening together, and a famous bowl of spaghetti, in this visual retelling of the most enduring scene from Disney's classic film "Lady and the Tramp".
Part of the Disney Treasures Collection from Disney Fine Art, this limited-edition canvas giclee comes gallery wrapped and ready to hang.
- Limited Edition of 1500
- Gallery Wrapped Giclèe on Canvas
- Dimensions: 12"H x 16"W
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Materials: Canvas and Wood
- Made in the USA
The irresistible moment shared between Lady and the Tramp in the alleyway behind Tony’s Restaurant had everything a hopeless romantic might dream of: two lovers coming together, charming music, good food and ambiance in abundance. And who doesn’t love puppies? I couldn’t help but paint these two lovebirds in their famous spaghetti scene.
As a part of the fun of painting Bella Notte, I included a handful of Easter eggs for the viewer to enjoy as well.
• Behind Lady are posters on the wall of the building (reminiscent of the ones in the film) featuring Steamboat Willie.
• To the left-hand side, beneath the stairway, is an Easter egg for a film I am planning on creating a painting for in the future: The Jazz Cats from Aristocrats, and very fitting to the whole feel of the alley.
• On the label at the mouth of the wine bottle is the number 1925, which is when Walt married his wife, Lillian — this romantic scene being dedicated to them.
• The label of the wine bottle itself has a few hints of “Disney” culture, some of these will be left for your imagination…
• Lastly, in the spaghetti is a hidden Mickey! The two meatballs making up his ears and the swirl of noodles beneath creating the round shape of his head.
This beautiful giclée canvas print uses archival inks and materials resulting in high quality, faithful reproduction of the original painting, created by Heather Edwards.
Each canvas art piece is stretched on wooden stretcher bars, a presentation called “Gallery Wrapped” which presents the canvas art in a similar fashion to an original painting and provides a modern and elegant way to showcase the artwork. Each piece is affixed with a hanging wire on the back, so it will arrive to you fully ready to hang!